What to do? The age old question… Fortunately San Luis Obispo county is FILLED with fun, unique activities. Everyone knows there are a bajillion hikes, several beaches, water sports, the quintessential Thursday night farmers market, but what else is there?! I hope you’ll find this list to be helpful for fun ideas if you’re a local, or visiting San Luis Obispo county on vacation or holiday.
- Yoga! There are so many yoga studios in SLO county offering a wide variety of classes. Stretch your muscles, do the downward facing dog, and find your inner zen place. All these yoga studios have drop in pricing, and some studios even offer your first class free. Smiling Dog Yoga in San Luis Obispo offers YOBarre, and The SLO Yoga Center, also in SLO, offers Aerial Yoga. Looking to connect with your partner on another level and create intamcy? Try Valentines Day partner Yoga at psyoga global center located in Avila Beach. If your looking for hot yoga (sweat it out, sweat it all out) try Spark Yoga in SLO. Namaste my friend.
- Trivia Night! Feeling a little nerdy? Think you know everything? Fortunately for you, you can find a few different Trivia Nights in San Luis Obispo. Woodstock’s Pizza in SLO says their trivia event “…brings together trivia aficionados, boneheads and the chic geek for a night of boisterous fun”! Trivia at Woodstocks is Tuesday nights at 9 pm, and you need to sign your team up in advance on the Woodstock Pizza Facebook page. Tap It Brewing Company in conjunction with Greeks Who Drink have a trivia night on Wednesday nights from 6-8 pm. This trivia isn’t your average bear, their will be verbal rounds to test your knowledge, and special visual and audio rounds to mix things up. From themed and speed rounds to even musical rounds, each night will be filled with unique questions that will keep you on your toes.
- All the “Other” Farmer’s Markets! San Luis Obispo is home to the only year round farmers market in the US on Thursday evenings. However, SLO county is also home to a slew of other farmers markets so you can shop for freshness nightly rather then weekly. These are websites were you can find a farmers market every day of the week, mornings and evenings: San Luis Obispo Co. Farmer’s Market Association runs five farmers markets a week in SLO county, for a complete list check out their website. In Pismo Beach, Atascadero, Nipomo, or Paso Robles? Check out the Visit San Luis County website for a listing of where and when you can find markets in the city you’re in.
- Golf Anyone? What’s a list of things to to do without golf? Not a complete list! Laguna Lake Municipal Golf Course in San Luis Obispo is a DEAL! This is a 10 hole golf course that is between $5-$12 (depending on time of year and time of day) to play! Cart rentals are only an additional $7 per person.
- Horseback Riding! Do you still say “Horses!” when you’re in the car and pass by horses? Yeah, me too. Horse crazy to the end. You know what’s really dreamy? Horseback riding on the beach! You can do that in San Luis Obispo. Pacific Dunes Riding Ranch located in Pismo Beach, is exactly what it sounds like, horseback riding on the beach! I’ve personally rode at Pacific Dunes Riding Ranch with friends and it was so fun! The guide was friendly as well as knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna. Our horses were gentle and well behaved, and obviously well cared for. Prices for rides are between $50-$75 and advance reservation is needed. Fun fact, “The Dunes” or Oceano Dunes is the only California State park where you can drive vehicles on the beach. It is an off roading, Mad Max style destination! You can rent dune buggies, quads, side by sides, etc and go crazy on this beach. You can also camp here, have beach fires, and it’s a great place to fly a kite. As in, go fly a kite!!